Monday, February 15, 2010

Goal 2: check, done!

This is Volcan Poas, one of the few active volcanoes in Costa Rica. We got to see it on a completely clear day, which is apparently pretty rare. As stated in my list of goals, we did walk up pretty close to it and hike on the nearby trails. Poas is about a 2 hour bus ride from San Jose and has a big change in elevation. It wasn't exactly cold, but I was glad that I had my jacket with me. We had a picnic at the lake in a nearby crater (picture on the left. The picture on the right also has some sort of lake, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly sulfur :)

2 comments:

  1. Great photos, Miranda! You must have been up pretty high, because the clouds look like they are below you in the crater picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That volcano-sulfur-steam photo is so legit!

    ReplyDelete