Sunday, October 31, 2010

Feria de Guadalupe

Although not quite as exciting as seeing gargantuan turtles or millions of monkeys, I still enjoy a trip to the local farmer's market on Saturdays. This is a fair that doesn't mess around! With squashes so big that the vender uses a handsaw to hack you off a couple of kilos and piles of platanos bigger than I am, it's a lot of fun to wander around. Here are some photos to give you some idea of the local color.









3 comments:

  1. Great photos! The one with the onions is an award winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Do the vendors actually sell ALL that produce in one day? I am not able to identify some of the fruits and veggies in your photos. I'm pretty sure the local Von's doesn't carry them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of your best photos to date. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete